10 Ways Rollingwood Management is Different
We firmly believe that a real estate management company should do more than collect rent and pay bills. When you hire Rollingwood Management, you should be confident that the we are dedicated to keeping your investment in good repair and at minimal cost. Rollingwood Management knows how to get the best rent and the best residents for your investment.
1. Owner Communications
For the shortest vacancy time, today's marketplace requires listing available properties in as many places as possible for potential residents to view. To lease your property quickly to the best tenants, our program includes marketing your property and keeping you informed in the following ways:
- We Answer our Phones - Many rental homeowners find it near impossible to track down their property manager. We do things differently. Our Customer Service Standards dictate that we respond to your phone call or email within 24 business hours.
- No Vacancy Surprises - When a notice to vacate from a tenant is received, we will email you. This lets you know about a potential interruption in revenue. Likewise, we email you as soon as the property leases with the conditions of the lease.
- Email Statues Reports - While your property is on the market, you will receive a detailed weekly email update from us on the showing activity your property is getting. We don't want to you to not know what's going on with your investment
2. Careful Tenant Screening and Selection
Leasing your investment to the wrong tenants can cost you thousands of dollars in repairs, lost rent, and damages. A professional management company is experienced at investigating the background of its applicants. Since 1986 Rollingwood Management has processed thousands of applications and signed thousands of leases. This extensive experience has allowed us to develop a unique screening process. For each applicant, we will:
- Verify each rental applicant's lease history
- Run a credit report on each applicant
- Check each application's criminal record and check for prior evictions
- Verify each applicant's employment and income
- If a pet is allowed, a current letter from their vet is required with weight and breed
- Use only the most up to date rental lease agreement and lease documents from the Texas Association of Realtors
- Tenants MUST attend an orientation in our office before they receive the keys
We believe so strongly in the success of our qualification process, we offer a Six Month Tenant Lease Guarantee.
3. In-House Maintenance Personnel
Having an experienced, well qualified maintenance tech on our team yields many benefits for our owners:
- Since we service only our residents, our uniformed maintenance person's goals is to respond to requests within 24 to 48 business hours. Quick service is critical to tenant satisfaction.
- Maintenance calls are performed in a newer model, professional company vehicle.
- Our maintenance tech is covered by Workers Compensation insurance
- We perform only quality repairs and guarantee our work.
- The maintenance tech completes a short survey after each property visit. This alerts us to any potential problems at the property.
- The in-house tech can perform several different trades in one service call. We find this to be much more efficient than calling different vendors and less expensive for our owners. One person, one service call, one detailed invoice for you to review.
4. Quick Tenant Service = Higher Tenant Retention Rates
A primary goal is to provide tenants with superior service. If tenants receive quality service, chances are higher they will stay longer and this helps keep your costs down. On average our residents stay with us for 3 three years! Less turn over means a better ROI for our owners. This is accomplished in various ways:
- We respond to a tenant's maintenance request, within 24 business hours.
- Tenants can pay their rent and submit a maintenance request through our web site 24 hours a day.
- Tenants receive a quality control survey after each repair to assure their satisfaction with the work.
- Our annual property survey lets the tenant know the property owner cares about the condition of their home.
- See what a few of our residents have to say about us.
5. Unique Money Back Guarantees
- 90 Day Management Fee Guarantee - We are so confident in our level of real estate management service to you and your residents, that if at the end of the initial 90 days, you are not completely satisfied for any reason, you may cancel your contract with us by notifying us in writing and receive a full refund of the management fees that were collected. That is our promise! It is that simple; no strings attached.
- 180 Day Leasing Commission Guarantee - Since we believe strongly in the quality of our residents and our resident selection process, we offer a guarantee on our leases. If a resident(s) breaks their initial lease for any reason during the first 6 months, we will find another qualified resident for your property, and you will not be charged another lease commission. No other property management company will offer you this guarantee.(Does not apply to termination of the lease with military orders, early termination when the tenant pays for all the fees to rerent the property or other valid provisions in the lease)
6. Detailed Monthly Statements
Your monthly property statement report includes a comprehensive packet of information. Your report will include, but is not limited to:
- Invoices - Invoices for all repairs are included in your statement. We want to be completely transparent and provide you with detailed information about expenses. Many companies do not provide copies of invoices and some add up-charges their invoices
- Itemization - All statements provide a break down for each property and shows every transaction affecting your account balance. We also provide you with a month and year-to-date profit and loss statement.
- Account Portal - Your owner portal will have each month's statement and all supporting documentation available to you anytime.
- Fund Transfers - Net rental income is sent to you by electronic transfer directly into your bank account. No checks to deposit.
7. Ratio of Employees to Properties
Rollingwood Management currently manages over 300 rental units and has 7 employees, that’s a ratio of 42 properties to each employee. Other management companies have an employee to property ratios of over 100 properties per employee. As a result, Rollingwood Management is able to attend to our tenants and our owners needs quickly. Quicker response equals higher levels of customer satisfaction by our residents, this in turn equals higher lease renewal rates saving you money. Ask about our Customer Service Standards.
8. Examining All Operating Costs
While it is not always possible to control the costs of many items, it is possible to examine operating costs to establish whether they are fair and competitive. We make it our goal to examine all property operating costs to see that our clients are not overpaying. Here are a few examples of areas where we have helped our clients keep costs in line:
- Property Insurance - When you purchased property insurance, did you shop the market for the best rate and protection? To assist our clients with their insurance coverage and cost, we have been approved as a Certified Property Management (CPM) company with Cypress Texas Lloyds Insurance Company. Cypress Texas Lloyds is a domestic Texas insurance company that specializes in coverage for investment properties. If you are a client of Rollingwood Management, you can realize a 10 to 15% cost savings.
- Property Taxes? - Do you know whether your property is properly valued for property tax purposes? We provide a service that will annually review the appraised valuation of your property (for local property tax purposes, not sale value) to determine if you are paying only your fair share of taxes. Since we initiated this program, our owners have realized a "direct cash benefit" of over $675,000.00 in money they would have paid out had they not used this valuable service. One client saved $4,300 in just the first two years of the program. Is your property over-valued? If it is, you are giving away money you could be putting in your pocket.
9. Properly Insured for Your Protection
If your property management firm makes a mistake that costs you money, does that firm have the capability of reimbursing you? The court may give you a judgment against the management company, but what would keep the manager from declaring bankruptcy to avoid paying the claim?
- Errors and Omissions - Most of our competitors do not carry professional Errors & Omissions (E&O) insurance. Our insurance policy offers our clients up to $500,000 of protection. Fortunately, since our establishment in 1986, no one has ever had to make a claim against our policy
- Worker's Compensation - Every employee at Rollingwood Management is covered by Worker's Compensation insurance. If someone were to get injured on your property, it does not become a liability to you.
- Vendor Required Insurance - We also require our vendors and contractors to carry Worker's Compensation insurance. Many property management companies do not require this coverage; however, without this protection your liability is far greater than the minor amount of money that would be saved from using an uninsured contractor. If you are unsure about this, call your insurance agent or attorney and ask them about your liability and what a properly insured property management firm can do to help protect you.
- Tenant Insurance - Tenants are required to provide proof of damage liability insurance on behalf of the Owner and Property Manager of $100,000 for damage to Landlord's property before they can move into a property. The policy must cover the perils of fire, smoke, explosion, accidental water discharge and sewer back up. Since the lease states that the tenant is responsible for tenant caused damages, serious damage can be more than a tenant can financially handle. For example, we had a tenant accidentally set their deck on fire and cause $23,000 worth of damages. In this instance, the tenant's insurance stepped in and paid to replace the deck. The other upside, is the Owner's policy didn't take the claim and the Owner didn't have to pay the deductible.
10. Property Condition Surveys and Properly Maintained Property
Your property is a valuable investment that appreciates in value when it is properly managed and properly maintained. To assist in maintaining the condition of your investment, an annual (or bi-annual) maintenance survey is sent to you. These help you know and maintain the condition of your property proactively.
- Property Condition Survey before Renewal - The property survey provides you a look at the property prior to offering the tenant a new lease. At your direction, identified repairs or improvements can then be scheduled. Ideally, such repairs or improvements should be made while the property is occupied and rent is coming in.
- Proactive Response to Repairs - The survey will also provide you with the information necessary to approach and properly plan for identifiable maintenance items (such as roofing, exterior painting, and air conditioning and heating systems) on a proactive basis instead of a reactive basis. This information can also be a useful tool for tax planning purposes.
- Keeping you Informed - Each survey is performed by your property manager and unlike other management companies is not farmed out to a third party. This gives you the assurance that we know what the condition of your property first hand.
These are just a few of the many property management services that we provide to our clients. Interested in more information? Take a moment to complete our brief Contact Us form, and we'll send you detailed information about these and the other benefits of becoming a Rollingwood Management client.