- Criminal Conviction Criteria - We abide by principles of equal opportunity, and welcome all responsible renters into our homes. Upon receipt of the rental applications and screening fee, landlord will conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant has been convicted of, or pled guilty to or no-contest to, any crime. Your application will be subject to denial if our search establishes the following:
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, ever for child sex crimes; or
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, within the last seven years for: any felony involving serious injury, kidnapping, death, arson, rape, sex crimes, or drug-related offenses (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession with the intent to distribute) class A felony burglary or class A felony robbery; or
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea within the last seven years for any other felony charges not addressed in b) above ; or
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, within the last seven years for: any misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, sex related, drug related (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession) property damage or weapons charges; or
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, within the last 2 years for: any class B or C misdemeanor in the above categories or any misdemeanors involving criminal trespass, theft, dishonesty or prostitution.
- A multiple offender
Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application process until the charges are resolved. Upon resolution, if an appropriate unit is still available, the processing of the application will be completed. No unit will be held waiting resolution of pending charges.